Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Love At First Sight

I've been perusing Ebay for a Vintage Singer 401A and with the difference in the dollar from American to Canadian I knew it was going to be awhile before I would seriously consider buying one.  Low and behold last night I checked out our local site Used Victoria and what should I see but the above mentioned sewing machine for sale.  Yes, and only a 15 minute drive from home and the best part of all the lady was only asking $40.00.  I know, only $40 big ones, well I was hyperventilating let me tell you.  Just take a peek at what I so lovingly brought home today.
Look at this beautiful wooden case and just itself it is a heavyweight.
Inside is this most beautiful Vintage Singer and I know we'll be fast friends.

Also included was a cute case along with a plethora of spools of thread, laces and bindings, oh so much fun.
She has a few cobwebs but I'll give her a Spa day tomorrow and she'll feel almost like brand new!

OK, the grin is from ear to ear I admit but some things were just meant to be and now "Gloria" has a new home.

No comments: