Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Measure and Cut

This is what I accomplished yesterday after taking a stroll along the Gorge's Canada Day Celebrations.
 While catching up on some of Bonnie Hunter's QuiltCam via You Tube I spent several hours tracing applique pieces for another Christmas Quilt resting in the WIP pile.  I decided to square the leftovers into the sizes suggested in Bonnie Hunters Leaders and Enders book.  They may not look like much but let me tell you it takes a crazy amount of time measuring up the pieces and cutting them but with it being so hot in my sewing room (it faces West) I decided to do that rather than any sewing.  I will try to do that with my leftovers now to keep them under control and useful the Bonnie Hunter way.  If you haven't watched any of Bonnie's QuiltCam you should check it out HERE as it's like hanging out with a quilting buddy and who doesn't love that!  Time to start assembling this next project after all it's only been in the works for say 3 years, not sew bad right!  Here's hoping you can squeeze in some quilty time today. 

No comments: