Thursday, June 16, 2011

Garage sale put on by Quilters selling off their Stash.

Doesn't that sound too good to be true but it actually happened and I did my civic duty by participating in their stash buster sale and helped deplete their over indulgence in fabric.  Oh, that can't be, too much fabric, no way.  As I overheard a conversation they were just selling off to buy new.  Bless their dear little hearts. I thank-you, I thank-you, I thank-you!


 I don't have many yellows so was happy to find a great bunch of yellow fat quarters.


Look at these gold tones.  They'll come in handy for one of my Christmas projects.



 This is a little blurry perhaps because I was imagining myself riding atop the elephant on this happy fabric.

Just liked the look of these.  I have a grandson that is into snowboarding so I can see a winter wall hanging from the blue piece.  Whoosh-couldn't you just feel that brush of cold air.


If I see a piece of Snoopy fabric I am all over it and with Peanuts being so hard to find  I quickly scooped up this goody.



Aww- Jim Shore fabric and a kit too, gotta have it.


And what did I find here hiding amongst the grass, no just kidding, just some real great green pieces and I need some for my Farmer's Wife Quilting Sampler.





Books, Books and more books.  They really looked like they needed a home so I jumped to their rescue.


I can see a cute table topper from this one can't you, hmm.


Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
But not here, ever, please!

And  that all fit into a small bag paper bag. 

Gotta love those garage sales.

2 comments:

Vicki B said...

great haul Kathy! Wish I was there too! They would have been a lot lighter!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neat finds - I guess that is one way to get new fabric by selling off what you decide you no longer like.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/